The guidance issued by PHE for those managing funerals has been updated to take account of new advice concerning symptoms relating to COVID-19 and wearing of masks.
It is important to note that apart from these changes the advice from Public Health England remains the same and includes the following actions:
- restricting the number of mourners to be as low as possible to ensure a safe distance of at least 2 metres (6 ft) can be maintained between individuals.
- alongside the Funeral Director, Chapel Attendant, and funeral staff only the following should attend:
- members of the person’s household.
- close family members.
- or if the above are unable to attend, close friends.
- attendance of a celebrant of choice, should the bereaved request this.